Posted by Clare Green
Our Annual Harvest festival is coming up. Friday March 16th is a special TWIF night with country dancing demonstrations, music and a pot luck dinner. The evening kicks off at 6pm. Bring your dancing shoes!
Saturday March 17th includes guest speakers, produce displays and competitions! Events start at 2pm. Prizegiving is at 4.30pm.
The following categories will be judged and prizes awarded…….
• ‘Decorate A Hat’ – using any flora and foliage, go crazy!
• Photograph competition – keeping to an agricultural/rural theme. Age categories are Preschoolers, 5-9 years, 10-15 years and Adult.
• Vegetable Creations – using vegetables provided on the day at the hall, let your imagination go wild! Age categories are Preschoolers, 5-9 years, 10-15 years and Adult.
• Most unusual vegetable – bring along your most weird and wonderful looking vegetable.
• Homemade preserves and jams – show off your amazing homemade pickles, jams, chutneys.
Entry forms are available on our facebook page – www.facebook.com/WhakamaramaCommunityHall/
There will also be free children’s activities, afternoon tea available to purchase, ‘Sponsor A Plant’ for Playgroup (you get to plant it too!), and spot prizes.
So get creative and have a go!