Posted by Rick Peers
Thank you to everyone who has already generously donated money; equipment and their time to make this project a reality. If anyone else would like to support this project, however small, it would all be greatly appreciated. Just follow the link to the give a little page or email me.
- We are very grateful to be named one of the recipients of the Omokoroa Coastal Challenge. Please go and sign up and join the run / walk on the 20th October. I have. https://runrunrun.co.nz/
- We have now reached $15387.00 of the estimated $25000.00 needed to complete the build
- We are proposing a build date of 26th-28th of October with some minor works happening the weekend before and after.
- We have now formed a committee but are still looking for ongoing volunteers for the gardens day to day running Please contact Wendy Tankard if you are interested. email@example.com
- Update plans for the garden below
- We aim to provide a selection of planter beds that the general public can come and harvest from for free. Fresh, in season, vegetables; herbs and fruit will be there for anyone who needs it.
- We aim to provide a set number of planter beds for the school to utilise for education with the “garden to table” scheme. More information can be found here. http://www.gardentotable.org.nz . Due to the current work load of teachers; the new buildings being built and other financial commitments the school will look to take on the Garden to table curriculum in either late 2020 or early 2021.
- We are planning on leasing out a number of the planter beds to the local community to encourage people to come together and support each other and provide a safe place for people to meet and build a sense of community. The rental on these beds will be nominal (approx. $15 / month). It is to ensure there is some buy in from the users and to provide a small income for maintenance and the purchase of consumables.
- There will also be planter beds set aside for the community food bank to provide them with fresh, in season vegetables for those that need it in our community.
- The Good Neighbour Trust have agreed to help us out with the build and to provide support through mentors.
- Supergans of Kati Kati have contacted us and would love to be involved too. Great news! https://www.supergranswbop.org.nz/
- Thank you to all of you who have donated via the give a little page Please follow the link to see who these people are. All of your donations are gratefully received, large or small.
- Also thank you for the generous donations so far of a shed; wheelbarrow; pots; seeds; garden benches. Please keep them coming.
Thank you to Sponsors
- So far we have sponsors for 9 of our planter beds. A big thank you to (in no particular order):
- Tremains Real Estate.
- Bernie Limbrick of Tall Poppy Real Estate.
- The Garden Early Childhood Centre
- MEC Electrical.
- Nick Kershaw of Prime Strategies.
- Mark Lynch of Excel Insurance.
- Thank you to Lex Bacon who is donating his time and digger to the project.
- Thank you to Richard Hewison for his offer to survey the site.
- Just Sheds
- NDL Transport
- The Holyoake Family
I fear i might have missed someone. If i have please let me know as i’d like to let everyone know of your generosity.
We still need your help. If you’d like to sponsor or co-sponsor a planter bed or if you can help with a small donation; have any tools; water tanks; seeds; gardening skills; or just want to be a part of it. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Id love to hear from you.