Posted by Thom Wert
We are still having some issues with the recycle bins that we are providing free to the public.
– People are still dumping cardboard on the ground when the bin is full or when the bin has been taken away to be empty.
– We are getting a lot of rubbish in the bins
– We’ve been getting bottles placed on ground in front of a bin when the second bin of the same colour was not full.
With the cardboard bin, it is for card board only… this is not a multi-use bin! So please only put clean cardboard in the bin.
Example of items we’ve been getting in the cardboard bin
– beer bottle tops (where bottle tops are put in the beer box)
– polystyrene and other type of packaging
– bags of rubbish
– newspaper and Magazines
– plastic wrap and plastic bottles
– Tetra Pak (the cardboard container that have juice, milk and other type of liquids in them) they are not recyclable.
Please remember, we are a Grocery Store not a recycling centre, but we are trying to help by providing a cardboard bin and glass bins.
If you have any questions you are welcome to call me at 07-281-1577 ext 8
Also please please pass this information to your friends and neighbours of Omokoroa.