Posted by peta clavis
“BAY RAINS” is a WBOP fundraising project to raise much needed funds for the Australian Bush Fire victims. Although some of the fires have dissipated there is so much on going devastation to be put right and there will be for years to come physically and mentally.
We can only begin to imagine the despair and desolation.
There are to be three fundraising concerts to be held:-
March 1st @ The Barrel Room 12pm – 9pm
March 7th @ Waihi Beach Hotel 12pm – 12am
March 14th @ The Black Sheep Restaurant 12pm – 12am
All three venues and over 100 musicians have donated their time for this amazing cause.
Proceeds from ticket sales, raffles and all monetary donations will be donated to hopefully provide some much needed relief to Australian farmers and wildlife that have been affected by the horrific bushfires.
BUT! We need your help in any way you can.
WHAT WE NEED!
- Flights for 5 band members from Sydney to Tauranga (we are hoping local businesses could get on board and donate)
- Advertising – across all media….radio, television, newspapers, newsletters, social media etc
- Kids entertainment eg: face painting, bouncy castles, kids stage shows etc
- Sausages & bread rolls for sausage sizzles
- A stretch tent/marquees for the court yard at the Black Sheep in the event that it rains on the day L
- Volunteers on the day – selling tickets at the door, on the bbq’s, behind the bar, supervising children’s entertainment, clearing tables etc. Many hands make light work!
- Product donations for raffles/silent auctions
- Monetary Donations
Thank you to those very generous people who have already put their hand up and donated their air bnb’s for visiting musicians to stay in and also Lizard News, Mills Reef Winery, Figment Design, Filmonaday, Pacific Coast Kitchens, Toner Events, Hands to Heal and The Sun.
Tickets are available from all venues and through Eventfinda.
Thanking you in anticipation.